The RBSW U35 Program
Rotary serves to provide a culture in which professionals of all different backgrounds can convene to foster leadership qualities, professional skills enhancement, communication networks and most importantly construct a blueprint for altruistic development of the surrounding community and world at large. Currently, the Rotary Club of Bangalore Southwest has a dedicated membership actively serving and looking ahead to ensure the torch will be passed onward. With that purpose in mind, the U35 or “under 35” program has been developed to induct an annual class of new candidates desiring to emerge as leaders and become lasting Rotarians.
The Rotary Club of BangaloreSouthwest U30 program seeks to recruit 5 to 8 new members each year that will be brought in together as one class.
Are you or do you know someone who:
- Is interested in building camaraderie and a long-term commitment to Rotary?
- Is an established or emerging professional in their respective industry who is under the age of 35?
- Demonstrates innovative qualities and a passion for philanthropic involvement?
- Is an up and comer or potential successor to the current CEO, president, etc. in their organization?
The U35 program will provide a unique opportunity to fast-track their initiation into the Rotary Club of Portland by:
- Offering a 5-month leadership program that will engage participants with community leaders, giving them upfront access to Bangalore’s movers and shakers (committed leaders include the Mayor, Local Leaders and many others).
- Pairing each U35 member in a one on one mentoring relationship with a current Rotary member who will help guide their Rotary experience in a very focused and interactive style.
- Requiring a project component giving the U35 class oversight on a community service endeavor internally selected by the class.
- Advising on Rotary Club of Bangalore Southwest’s committees to engage, as each U35 member will be co-chair of one of the committees in the club